Access data not showing in bound objects

MichaelD

Programming Experience
1-3
I'm creating an application in VB.net 2008 that displays information from an Access 2007 database. I have added the new database connection and can preview the data in the designer. I've also created bound text boxes and a datagrid on the form by dragging the fields from the datasource window. The problem is when I run the program, nothing is shown in the bound controls.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

I have not called anything in the code. From the examples I have worked through, it looks like when I create the datasource and drag the field onto the form it creates the bound link. Do I need code as well?

Binding a DataTable to a DataGridView does just that. It doesn't actually put any data into that Datatable though. Binding an empty DataTable to a DataGridView means an empty DataGridView. Moving data between the DataGridView and the DataTable is a completely separate operation to moving data between the database and the DataTable.

Thanks for the reply. I think I am moving data between the database and the datatable because when I preview it in the dataTable, there is data there. It doensn't show up on the form though. I"ve attached a screen shot for clarification. If I need to add code, is there a tutorial on how to do this?

Thanks again for the help.

Mike

Attachments

• Vb Capture.JPG
    Vb Capture.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 24
Back