101 Visual Basic .NET Code Samples

kulrom

Programming Experience
10+
Hi,
101 Visual Basic .NET Code Samples provides a large group of well categorized and documented examples of code.
This is a very useful resources when it comes to code sharing so, before you post about any subject it's maybe useful if you first take a look at these code samples

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=08e3d5f8-033d-420b-a3b1-3074505c03f3&displaylang=en

Cheers;)

Added: from the 101 Code SAmples page

This download includes a master set of Visual Basic code samples demonstrating various aspects of the language in the following areas: syntax, data access, Windows Forms, Web development and Web services, XML, security, the .NET Framework, file system and file I/O, interop and migration issues, COM+, ADO.NET, and advanced topics including graphics with GDI+, remoting, serialization, MSMQ, and Windows services.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link! I may have seen this before but I am downloading it anyway. :)

Error with VisualBasic.msi

I have Visual Studio 2005 standard edition on my Windows XP, SP2 computer.

I downloaded VisualBasic.msi to my desktop. When I tried to run the installation, I get an Information form that says "This application package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid windows installer package".

Thanks!
Tony

Last edited:
Thanks

I downloaded the VB101 Installers and it worked great!! Thanks!! This forum is a valuble resource, thanks for the effort. Tony :)

LOL.... I downloaded and installed the download... to check it out...

but didnt pay attention to where it installed or how to run it.

I dont see and program entrys or desktop icons ...

any help for a dork?

Attempt

Hi....

Just guessing here but it probably put it in:

C:\Documents and Settings\????????????\My Documents

Where ?????????? is your personal folder that is related to your "logon id" or your startup signon id.

If, when you turn on your computer, get a screen asking you for "who you are" with multiple icons for different users listed, the "name" of the one that you are picking at this point is the ???????? above.

If you computer is configured for only one user, it probably bypasses this procedure and probably only has one user folder that is probably named "Normal User" or "Shared Document".

Open C:\Documents and Settings and see what is in that folder. If only one folder exists, it is an easy answer.

I'm no expert but this is my best guess.
Tony

101 Examples

shroomy, I'd look under your C:\ and D:\ drives for 'program files' folder and see if you see anything new... If not there then check for any new folders... I have installed it a few times and it just creates a folder named like... VBDotNet101Samples with a lot of sub-folders... my folder is named AA-VBDotNet101Samples. However, I may have renamed it to better arrange them. What you could do is reinstall them and take notice of the default location as well. :)

Thanks but cant find it still...

can someone just give me a name of a couple files that are included so i can search on them.

Thanks guys

Try searching for this file... VB.NET How-To Multithreading.sln

thanks a lot for the link been looking for this but for some 1 reason it always brings up an error when trying to install :/

Back