Thank-you Simon. I works beautifully!
You have know idea what I have tried to make it work and I never thought of this solution.
Sorry for the delay in replying, been out on a small holiday.
This code works. It will call the Oracle SP 'Library_updates.add_books', but only when I hard code the values. Nice, but useless.
As you can see, when attempted to use variables, I get a Oracle error telling my that Oracle cannot insert null values. It's not substituting the...
Yep, me again!
I'm building a library program. I've successfully extracted data from an Oracle 9i database and bound the the data to controls. Here the code that establishes my connection and 'Fills' the dataset:
Notice the 'been_read' and 'owner' columns. They return specific values...
Thanks for the idea. I just got lucky. Here is the new code:
Duh! I'm now overloading the method correctly. This baby insert the values beautifully. :D
You can see I added another column from my test table.
I'm going to try your solution though. The more ways to...
No go. I keep getting the Oracle error 00936, "Missing Expression", which means the SQL command sent to Oracle is:
INSERT INTO testtable (c1, ta_name, ta_number) VALUES('test4', , 569)
Notice the blank where the value held by @in_name should be inserted into the statement...
I'm using VisualStudio.NET Academic. I'm only using VB.NET for now and I'm having trouble with the .Parameter.Add method. The Academic version does not include the Microsoft DB OLE Provider for Oracle driver, but I can successfully insert data if I hard code the values. The big problem...