I have a php web site with a MySQL database and a table with a name column of collation 'utf8_unicode_ci'.
Stored in this table is a name of
When the php displays this name it shows as
I download the mysql table to a local access database to do reporting from it.
i havent managed to sort to access denied error yet but i have sorted the other two errors.
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
This was caused by...
Ive created the CDService webservice locally on the desktop.
I can interrogate the methods in a browser and i see the XML results.
I removed the existing web reference from my client app and added this desktop local as the web reference. The code no longer errors on the debug.txt line...
I have some errors with my code and Im sure they are to do with priviledges but i cant find any information out about them.
I have 3 machines. a desktop, a laptop and a server
desktop - runs visual studio 2005 for a vb.net app and a asp.net web service. The web service lives on the...
erm interesting point.
I would say as they are read from a db and not changed they would be 'unchanged' aswell.
if i change them all to 'changed' would they 'merge' nicely with the existing records?
for example some records might already be there, so i wont to overwrite, and some might be new...
I have 2 databases with the same structure.
I have filled the 1st dt up with contents of the local db and the 2nd dt with content of the remote db.
I have used dt1.merge(dt2) hoping that i would get a dt1 with all the changes and new rows from dt2 and i could do a da.update(dt1) to commit...
I'm calling a php page on a server that returns an xml string containing the info I need from a MySQL database. The final column retireved is a SmallInt(6) column that has some <null> values in it.
When the XML is returned to my VB.net project the xml looks like:
I have a VB.NET 2005 application that prints invoices created using Crystal Reports on IntegratedLabels.
The sticky bits are on the top of the invoice, but apparently the ink smears down the page when printed.
Is there an easy way to print a report with the pages printing bottom first...
I changed the remote currency table to be a normal integer for the PK and the access db to be autonumber on the PK.
In this instance this worked fine as the PK ids on the website were 1 to 10.
In my next table i only have 1 record with id 200. This is because all the rest have been deleted...
I've got a few problems concerning how to interface with a web side database that is currently maintained by a php web site.
At the moment I am trying to maintain a table full of standing data from within my VB.NET app. I have downloaded all the remote currencies into my local db. The...
Look at this link:
Here's what I did to make my code work:
Add this into the dataset.vb class:
Partial Public Class OrdersTableAdapter
Public ReadOnly Property...
OK will Ive found this Microsoft article that seems to points me in the right direction
' Connection etc etc
' Fill the DataSet.
Dim catDS As DataSet = New DataSet
' Add a new...
one datarelation between PK and FK
pk is autoinc, FK is not
insert the PK record
db calcs new value
value is retreived auto by ADO.NET (only works if db contains data as then fill will load)
Then i need to
Select all records(with specific...
When the db is empty the order datatable doesnt know what value to start the OrderId primary key as so it starts from 0. The access db however knows the next record is going to be 3021. Then I call the update on the orderdetails table using orderid = 0 and of course it fails.
If the db has...